I'm so happy that Emily is back, with another fabulous recipe! For those of you who don't know, I'm going to let you in on a little secret ...
I've known Emmy ...
Yep! The Newfangled Housewife is my younger sister. Obviously, I think she's pretty fantastic. And she's got a yummy recipe to share with y'all today! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Read on. Bake on.
So excited to be guest posting on this fabulous blog once again! I thought it was only right to post a pumpkin recipe. October makes me want nothing but pumpkin, apple, and all the right spices.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 C pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 C all purpose, unbleached flour
- 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Whisk together your applesauce, eggs, and pumpkin in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, premix your flours, salt, baking soda, and spices. Gradually mix these in to your pumpkin mix.
*Note: Because I'm somewhat lazy and didn't want to wash an extra dish, I simply mixed the dry ingredients in with the pumpkin (rather than premixing). However, it definitely works best if you premix them on their own*
- Mix in your chocolate chips. Fill lined, large muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Cook for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife can be removed from the center of a muffin cleanly.
These muffins aren't super sweet, so if you want to give them an extra kick -- sprinkle powdered sugar on top! This recipe also makes a fabulous bread.
Don't forget to check out my blog for more fall recipes!